Currently, the West Pittston Library has an opening for a Part-Time Circulation Assistant. We need a person who is comfortable with technology and enjoys working with the public.
Responsibilities: Assists patrons at the circulation desk and throughout the library with a range of services.
Requirements: Good organizational and communications skills, flexibility, genuine enjoyment of the public, commitment to public service. The ability to master basic and specialized online circulation functions, and be comfortable with Microsoft Office and use of the internet. Previous customer service or retail experience is helpful.
Physical abilities: Handle, lift, or move library materials weighing up to 25 lbs.; stand at a computer terminal for up to 4 hours; wheel book book carts; and stand, sit, walk, stoop or reach in order to shelf materials.
All library positions require the following criminal background and child abuse clearances:
- Criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP);
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse); and
- Fingerprint based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI).
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to download the full Job Description.
- Send Application (Click Here) or Resume to email@example.com
Position: Part-Time / Non-exempt
Wage: $10.00 per hour
Shift: Includes some evening hours and occasional Saturdays
Weekly Hours: 12 – 19
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.